Important message from the Respect Inc team
EVERYONE is advised to stay home until 6pm Monday 11 January. You can only leave the house under tight restrictions, and mask wearing is mandatory. The council areas impacted are: Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Redlands, Moreton.
The UK strain of Corona Virus (70% more contagious) is now in Brisbane. People in Brisbane who have been exposed to the virus have not yet been identified. Government testing and quarantine is starting now.
The lockdown includes in-person sex work services. If you work during this time, based on previous lockdowns we believe in person sex work will be subject to police surveillance, fines and arrest.
We do not want a single sex worker in Queensland to get sick, arrested or fined.
Respect Inc Brisbane office is open until 3pm today, and will re-open at 9am TUESDAY. The office is closed on Monday.
Government website information https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/greater-brisbane-lockdown
Greater Brisbane 3-day lockdown
Greater Brisbane will go into lockdown for three days, while contact tracers work to ensure the UK strain of COVID-19 is not circulating in the community.
From 6pm tonight, Friday 8 January, until 6pm Monday 11 January people in the local government areas of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Redlands and Logan will be required to stay at home except for the following reasons:
- Shopping for essentials, food and necessary supplies
- Medical or healthcare needs, including compassionate requirements
- Exercise with no more than one other person, unless all from the same household
- Providing care or assistance to an immediate family member
- Work, or volunteering, or study if it is not reasonably practicable to work or learn remotely
- Child custody arrangements
- Legal obligations
- Visit for end of life
- Attend funeral or wedding in line with restrictions
Masks will also need to be worn everywhere in those local government areas except if people are at home.
Cafes, pubs and restaurants will be open only for take-away service.
Funerals and weddings will be restricted to 20 guests.
All essential businesses remain open. If you need to leave Greater Brisbane for an essential purpose, such as to work, to return home or to access healthcare, you should limit your movements for those three days wherever you go.
If you have any symptoms at all, get tested immediately and quarantine at home until you receive a negative result.
List of restrictions
The full list of restrictions include:
- No more than two visitors to the household per day (in addition to anyone else currently staying in the household), excluding care workers or volunteers
- All businesses that can remain open must adhere to one person per 4 square metres with maximum of 20 to 50 with COVID Safe or Industry Plan
- Restaurants and cafes to provide takeaway service only
- Cinemas, entertainment and recreation venues, gyms etc to close
- Places of worship to close
- Weddings involve a maximum of 20 people, including the celebrant and witnesses
- Funerals involve a maximum of 20 people
- Mandatory mask wearing anywhere outside of your home
- No visitors to aged care facilities, hospitals, disability accommodation services or correctional facilities.