Link to or download recent research by Respect Inc:
- QUT Briefing Paper, The Case for Decriminalisation: Sex Work and the Law in Queensland, 2019
- Sex work Laws and Workplace Health and Safety Symposium Report, including recommendations for Queensland, 2018
- Trans and Male Sex Workers in Queensland, Factors influencing access to health care, 2018
- Brothel Workers Needs Assessment, An in-depth look at sex workers in the Queensland licensed brothel sector, 2017
- Asian Sex Workers Needs Assessment, Research with sex workers of Asian migrant background in Queensland, 2015
Plus there is a reading list here with links to research specific to issues covered in the Decrim review
Respect Inc submitted recommendations to the Queensland Women’s Health Strategy Consultation.
Respect Inc.’s recommendations about Victoria passing sex work decriminalisation. How can the Victorian Government better work with and support the sex work industry?
Sex workers are often victims of vilification and hate crimes, which often go unreported due to legislation. Respect Inc. and Scarlet Alliance recommendations. Dr Elena Jeffreys, Jules Kim.
Women’s and girls’ experience of the criminal justice system, priorities and next steps. Dr Elena Jeffreys.
Legislating against coercive control, options for reform – both practical and concerning. Dr Elena Jeffreys.
Respect Inc. submission addressing the repeal of the Sex Worker Offences Bill 2020. Janelle Fawkes, Mikhala Batiste.
Consent and removal of consent due to non-payment for sexual services. Discussion of the barriers for sex workers to report crimes. Mikhala Batiste.
Discusses how Victorian and Queensland legislation similarly prevents sex workers from operating safely and within the law. Recommendations for new legislation. Robert Fawkes, Mikhala Batiste.
Discussing review of consent laws and the excuse of mistake of fact as it applies to rape and sexual assaults in the criminal code. Kayla Rose.
“The Case for Decriminalisation: Sex Work and the Law in Queensland” by Elena Jeffreys, Erin O’Brien & Janelle Fawkes