Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is for all members of Respect Inc to attend. The meeting will deal with 2020 issues and business of Respect Inc. At the AGM, Respect Inc members will get to have their say and vote for nominated members to sit on the Management Committee and steer the Queensland sex worker organisation for the next twelve (12) months. Light refreshments will be provided on location at the Respect Inc offices.
You can find and read:
- 2020 AGM report here.
- 2020 Audited report here.
- Korean translation here.
- Traditional Chinese translation here.
- Simplified Chinese translation here.
- Thai translation here.
- Members present
- Confirmation of the minutes from the previous AGM
- Chairperson’s Annual Report
- Treasurer’s Financial Report
- State Coordinator Report
- DecrimQLD Report
- Standing down of the Management Committee
- Election of the New Management Committee
- General Business
To nominate yourself to be on the Management Committee, please fill in a Management Committee Nomination Form. Nominations are due by the 6th of November.
If you are not a member and would like to be one, please fill in our membership application form. Membership application submissions for AGM is due by 13 November.
These forms can be hand in person to any Respect Inc office, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: Friday 20 November 2020 at 2:30pm – 4:20pm.
You can attend:
- in person at any Respect Inc office
- online via Google Hangout
- phone in
Nominations now closed.
|CANDIDATE||MEMBERS WHO NOMINATED THEM||POSITION|
|Dee Ville||Mikhala Batiste & Lulu Holiday||Brisbane|
|Lucy Blissbomb||Mikhala Batiste and Hazy||Brisbane|
|Mikhala Batiste||Rose B & Lulu Holiday||Brisbane|
|Anne MacLennan||Neddy Westa & Elena Jeffreys||Cairns|
|Jaclyn Robson||Mikhala Batiste & Lulu Holiday||Gold Coast|
|Robert Fawkes||Angelina Li & Michele Mann||Townsville|
|Gio||Elena Jeffreys & Jodie Wildflower||Male|
|Rose Broomhall||Mikhala Batiste & Lulu Holiday||Trans/Gender diverse|
|Maddie Toya||Mikhala Batiste & Lulu Holiday||Trans/Gender diverse|
|Asian Language Background|
|Remote (more than 200ks from an office)|
Some highlights of 2020
- March Roundtable and Rally in Southport, Gold Coast.
- Our amazing workshop program!
- Trans peer educator now on Gold Coast.
- Campaigning, then getting back to work after COVID-19 Restrictions were lifted.
- Supporting not one, but TWO fundraising efforts by Scarlet Alliance to support sex workers during COVID-19 lockdowns. More than $100,000 raised March-July, with the second fundraiser still seeking funds.
- Being involved in amazing new resources on the REDBOOK website, Getting started in online sex work, and a harm reduction guide for sex workers during COVID-19. Available in 5 languages.