Applications open to sex workers, past and present. The Youth Focussed Peer Educator engages sex workers aged 25 years old and under, hosts events, and prepares dynamic training with other Youth Focussed projects.
Key Duties of Youth Peer Educator
- Lead peer education and peer engagement by running regular drop-in shifts at the Respect Inc Meanjin (Brisbane) office. Maintaining and ensuring drop in is a sex worker-only space, welcoming and accessible.
- Lead Respect Inc peer education with sex workers aged 25 and under, including monthly ‘Hey Hustler’ events and maintenance of youth-friendly space in Meanjin (Brisbane).
- Complete related documentation and comply with accountability tasks in a timely manner.
- Work in a team environment with peer educators at all Respect Inc locations to improve engagement with this target group.
- Engage with the youth services sector, particularly services accessed for the purpose of health and wellbeing, to improve their understanding of this target group.
This is a permanent position, 20 hours a week.
Staff are employed under the SCHCDS (Social Community Home Care and Disability Services) Industry Award 2010. This position will be paid at Permanent Level 4.1 at the following rate: $36.87 per hour.
Only sex workers past and present need apply.