Sex workers can work in QLD with the new checklist requirements – details below.
MANDATORY MASK USE* EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY 23 JULY for Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Logan City, Redland City, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast City, Noosa Shire, Somerset Region, Lockyer Valley Region, Scenic Rim Region but are no longer required for Townsville and Palm Island.
*Wear your mask when greeting clients or others at your workplace – you can remove the mask to undertake your sex work service.
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR ALL SEX WORKERS & SEX INDUSTRY BUSINESSES EXPLAINED BELOW
From 3 July the COVIDSafe rules for sex workers have changed in Queensland.
The changes are:
- The COVID Safe Industry Plans for brothels and sex workers will no longer be in use (but continues to be a helpful guide for staying safe during COVID).
- The Statement of Compliance is no longer needed.
- The online COVID training is no longer required.
Instead sex workers will need to be compliant with two new COVIDSafe Checklists. You must sign, date, and have available if compliance is checked.
NOTE: sex workers and sex industry businesses do not have to use the QLD QR Code Check-in if for safety reasons if you prefer to continue to use the current collection system.
The two new Checklists are:
You must be able to show your signed COVID Safe Checklists if you have a compliance visit.
The COVID Safe Checklists include requirements for:
- Physical distancing
- Cleaning and disinfection of surfaces
- Health and hygiene
- What to do if you are unwell
- Identification of COVID-19 hazards, a risk assessment of those hazards, and control measures.
Exemptions from mandatory use of the QLD QR Code Check-In App
Due to safety concerns, sex industry businesses and sex workers in Queensland can continue to collect contact tracing data without using the QR code check-in App.
“Sex work industry operators have been given the scope to use alternative methods of collecting contact information if using the Check In Qld app would result in safety or liability issues.”
Sex workers in QLD are currently collecting name, date, start and end time of the booking, mobile number and email.
Qld police have been advised of this but in case you are asked about this, the QLD Health Directive (21) requirement states:
‘where the use of the Check In Qld app would result in safety or liability issues, the business, activity or undertaking must: collect contact information; and comply with the requirements for collection and storage; and if requested, provide the information collected to a public health officer within a stated time.’
Update: Doubles, couples and more than one client
We have confirmed that the shift to a generic checklist and easing of restrictions means:
- Private/independent sex workers are no longer limited to only seeing one client at a time and are therefore able to accept couples bookings.
- Sex workers working in brothels are no longer prohibited from providing doubles bookings.
Note: this is a change to COVID restrictions and does not change the law that prohibits private or individual sex workers providing doubles services.
- Public health directive – Restrictions on businesses, activities and undertakings
- Public health directive – Restrictions for Impacted Areas
- COVID Safe Industry Plan: Queensland Sex Industry (revoked for the purposes of compliance assessment, however, may still be used for reference/guidance)
- Queensland Government COVID Safe Business Framework
Sex workers and clients should continue with basic COVID prevention strategies:
- Wash your hands
- Use protective equipment
- Do not work or visit a sex industry business if you feel unwell.
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms call 13HEALTH or your local doctor.
The lockdown includes in-person sex work services. Based on previous lockdowns we believe in-person sex work will be subject to police surveillance, fines and arrest.
3일간의 브리즈번 전역 봉쇄가 1월 8일 금요일 오후 6 시부터 시작됩니다.
ข้อจำกัด เกี่ยวกับงานบริการทางเพศในรัฐควีนส์แลนด์ถูกกำหนดเริ่มขึ้นเมื่อเวลา 12.00 น. ของวันศุกร์ที่ 3 กรกฎาคมซึ่งเป็นส่วนหนึ่งของข้อจำกัดขั้นที่ 3
관련된 모든 정보를 보려면 다음 링크를 클릭 하십시오